Monday, February 1, 2010

Cataract Surgery Prices In Chennai How Do I Know Which Lens Was Used In Cataract Surgery?

How do I know which lens was used in cataract surgery? - cataract surgery prices in chennai

Recently, I had done an eye surgery to traumatic cataract that developed properly due to an injury in the squash ball. Before surgery clinic asked me to choose from a range of contact lenses UNI / etc multifocal / brands, which differ in cost by 300%. Choose a uni-Alcon emphasis in counseling from friends. The operation was performed before 2 weeks and overall I'm satisfied with the outcome. But there is a way, I can confirm that the target was used? That put me well over the hospital and I suspect that may be the wide range of prices for different lenses a trick.

1 comment:

David Richardson, M.D. said...

Let me begin by saying how happy I was given good eyesight after an injury to the squash ball. Secondly, I hope that you currently use, safety glasses, if they continue to play squash.

Well, to answer your question. The manufacturer, model, power and serial number of the intraocular lens (IOL) are documented in the medical record in the surgical center where the cataract surgery. This information may also in the letter from his surgeon. Finally, some of the surgery centers will give you a plastic card (like a credit card) with this information about him. More likely, the lens has been used a number of Sn60 or MA60 (high quality and acrylic IOL). In any case, you are entitled to a copy of this information, medical center or a surgeon request.

The choice of a monofocal IOL is a viable option for a person with a history of eye trauma. As far as the eye is also very healthy (questionable) from a previous trauma multifocal IOL and capacities can not produce the desired results.

As for the wide range of tons of waterThere is no tower. To ensure the proper use of these lenses in a series of additional tests are usually required. These tests are not covered by insurance, that would pay for them. Also, the cost of the IOL vary from $ 50-1,300 () no joke. This is the fee paid for surgery center to the manufacturer if there is no real benefit in IOLs.

I hope this was useful. I intend to create a blog to discuss issues related to cataract surgery www.about-eyes.com not (yet), so if my answers on Yahoo to positive feedback that I am going to continue with this plan.

Post a Comment